Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, February 16, 2015

Stretch yourself.

Let's say this is both literally and figuratively. It is highly recommended to spend a few minutes every morning stretching our body and getting ourselves ready for the day. We should also take time daily at the minimum read a bible verse. Psalm 119:11 says, "I have treasured your promise in my heart so that I may not sin against you." Another version says, "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." Looking into this text, word can be translated as commandment, or speech. The word heart here means inner man, mind, will, heart. So this verse could be translated ... I have rooted your commandments so deeply in my soul, when trials come, I will not fail and miss the mark. This is your ONLY security against being surprised into sin. The psalmist not only heard and read the word, but received it with in his mind and memory for future use.

I most earnestly press upon us to take time to read and store scripture. To fight a battle you need powerful equipment.  Yes we already have victory, but if we do not know what equipment to use or if our equipment is not geared up, we set ourselves up for the enemy to deceive us and win the battle. See if to renew your mind requires one truth at a time, then deceiving your mind can happen with a lie at a time.  If we are not building up our artillery and sharpening our tools, then when the battle comes, we cannot properly defend ourselves. The Holy Spirit will use the power of God's Word like a sword to defeat Satan and his imps. This will allow you to always have scripture with you, give you comfort, and help you in temptation. Challenge yourself and see how far you can go! Be encouraged to utter scripture.