Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, February 23, 2015

Wise Surroundings

I discovered that becoming a Christian was rather ego-shattering. Jesus Christ made a direct challenge to my will to trust him. Let me paraphrase him. "Look! I have been standing at the door and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in" (Revelation 3:20). I didn't care if Christ did walk on water or turn water into wine, I didn't want any party-pooper around. I couldn't think of a faster way to ruin a good time. Sure I knew God existed and I knew he was real, but I was trying to live life to the fullest. So my mind was telling me Christianity was true and my will was running away. Eventually, I became more aware that I hate my life. Whenever I was around those enthusiastic Christians, the conflict would begin. If you've ever been around happy people when you're miserable, you understand how they can bug you. They would be so happy and I would be so miserable. It came to the point where I'd go to bed not being able to deal with myself. I am a firm believer that we need those type of believers in we life. we need people that are stronger in the faith than we are that will. They keep us challenged and honest. Proverbs 13:20 says, "He that walks with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." Multitudes are brought to ruin by bad company. Those are the friends we should converse with frequently and walk the walk in faith. Our faith in Christ will grow wiser and wiser, as we gain a large stock of spiritual knowledge and experience. This is true for both natural and spiritual wisdom. A person of any capacity at all will improve by keeping wise company.  Surround yourself with more Christ followers and watch how your natural and spiritual life changes.