Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, March 2, 2015

I am ...

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to watch one of Mixed Martial Art's (MMA) most fascinating competitors, Ronda Rousey. In one of her pre-fight interviews, RR said she is the greatest female champion of all time. Hmmm.  We've heard this before. Mohammed Ali, boxer, famous for saying, “I am the greatest.”  As awesome and fascinating as these Hall of Fame athletes are, the greatest person who ever lived, in all contexts, is Jesus.  The book of John reveals 8 times where Jesus confidently proclaims 'I am'.
  1. John 6: 35, 48 - I am the bread of life
  2. John 8: 12, 9:5 I am the light of the world
  3. John 8: 58 Before Abraham was, I am
  4. John 10:9 - I am the door
  5. John 10:11 - I am the good shepherd
  6. John 11:25 - I am the resurrection and the life
  7. John 14:6 - I am the way, the truth, and the life
  8. John 15:1 I am the true vine
I challenge you to read and personalize each scripture, but replacing “the” with your name. For example, “I am Raymond's resurrection and Raymond's Life." Doesn't this take on a more profound outlook of who Jesus is in your life?  "I am Raymond's good shepherd." Remember this is Jesus talking.