The resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is vitally important to our Christian Faith:
- It means Jesus kept his promise to rise from the dead. Therefore we can hold on to the other promises he made.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus ensures that the ruler of God's eternal kingdom will be The Living Christ.
- Christ's resurrection gives us the assurance that we also will be resurrected. Death is not the end - there is future life.
- The power of God that brought christ's body back from the dead is available to us to bring our morally and spiritually dead selves back to life so we can change and grow.
- The resurrection is the basis of the church's witness to the world. Jesus is the Son of God, not just a mere human leader.
Jesus is Alive!
inspired from Life Application Bible NIV