Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

God the Rock II

26My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak but God remains the strength of my heart; he is my portion forever.
~Psalms 73:26

In our life we are sure to face trials either due to indwelling sin, temptations, desertion, or by the deterioration of the body.  When overwhelmed with distress through outward trouble, when you don't feel spiritually fit, your amount of grace seems weak, corruptions of the Spirit are coming on strong, temptations prevail, and afflictions are many.

The later part of the verse uses the word portion. Which is a late Hebrew-Aramaic derivative verb cheleq (khay'lek) which means inheritance, legacy, portion, or territory. As a parent I strive to leave my children a legacy whether my name, finances, or property. Someone would leave an inheritance to support their grandchildren to provide some sort of stability, the psalmist here is saying REGARDLESS of what life may encounter physically or spiritually, my Lord will support and sustain me, and strengthen me with strength in my soul.

Be blessed today to know though by sin we are all far from God, we can still draw near, and keep near, to our God, by faith and prayer, and find it good to do so. Those with an upright heart will put their trust in God.

Your commitment to God = Inheriting His Legacy