Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

God the Rock

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. ~Psalms 73:26

The GOD'S WORD® Translation reads,
My body and mind may waste away, but God remains the foundation of my life and my inheritance forever.

The Psalmist is of full belief God would never let us waste away without being sufficient enough to provide grace.  The Psalmist believes regardless of what happens to his temporal body God will provide an inheritance for the rest of his life.  We can conclude, the inheritance that he longs for must be greater than anything this temporal life can offer.  Would you leave a $50k job for a $30k inheritance from a great uncle? No. You would keep the job and keep the money.  Secondly, it can also be assumed that the Psalmist has full trust in God that he would make God his firm foundation. So much so that he clings more to God as his life fails.

I believe Heaven itself could not make us happy without the presence and love of our God. The world and all of its temporary glory will vanish and the body will eventually fail due to sickness, age, and, or death. But Glory to God, Jesus, our Lord, offers to be all in all to every sinner, who renounces the world and draws to Him.  Remember, God is the strength of your heart, or "the rock of your heart. " When the waves of life are dragging you down, cling to The Rock.

... To be continued