Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 18, 2015

Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him

When we look at the book of Job, we learn of how to deal with the issue of not understanding why God allows certain things to occur. Satan was allowed to do almost everything he wanted to Job, except take his life. As hard as it may be, we must learn from Job's reaction. “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him” (Job 13:15). “The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised” (Job 1:21).  Just like we have no idea of why we cannot seem to get out of the ruts we find ourselves in or the situations we see with innocent lives being taken, Job also did not understand why God allowed the things He did.  However, Job knew whatever it was God was up to, he would continue to trust in Him. Ultimately, that should be our reaction as well. As I see our son struggling with his speech, I am learning to let figuring everything out go and let God do His thing. It is so difficult, and I feel as though I am always evaluating him, like a patient.  I feel as though the ability to look at our son 'normally' has been taken away.  I believe it was T.L. Osborn in his book Healing The Sick, that said believing God is when the current situation is contrary to what God says and you put your trust in the report of the Lord.  If we truly believe God is God, we must know God is good, just, loving, and merciful. Often things happen to us that we simply cannot understand. However, instead of doubting God's goodness, my reaction should be to trust Him. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)." 

If you are going through something,  I wish someone could tell us the purpose,  but none of us know why children are born with defects, families are in cycles poverty, innocent bystanders are killed, etc. and the truth is we will never be able to fully understand. However, it is wrong for us to question why God allows something to occur. Why? So for us all, just like Job, even when the evidence seems to indicate the opposite, if you TRULY believe in God, you must believe everything about His nature. This is true for me also. There is a reason Jesus is still alive.