Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Be alert and stand in the faith; be valiant; be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13)

When you know the right thing to do, there is almost always some kind of opposition. Never give up.

Following Jesus was never meant to be easy. The devil will always deter you, your will have family and friends that don't understand, and society will always try to disapprove God exists or Jesus.

Be alert and stand in the faith; be valiant; be strong (1 Corinthians 16:13). Those road blocks, temptations, wrongful opportunities, though dangerous, are only temporary.  What has helped me get past some of my sinful ways, is changing how I see my adversity. It's perception.  What the devil meant for bad, God is teaching me how to use it for good. I see it as a challenge, or motivation to press forward towards a stronger relationship with Jesus. By not doing 'this' or 'that' I build upon my relationship with Jesus.  I will always have  grace,  but for me when I sin, I have to deal with the regrets, heartaches, and emotional baggage. Not falling for the trap keeps me more focused and hungry. Another small victory over the devil.

Moreover, you have to be cognizant. Unwatchfulness exposes you to many evils, temptations, and traps.  Watchfulness, removes or brings clarity to the uncertainties so you can see the traps and temptations coming. Stand in the faith! If we are sleep we cannot stand well.