Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Talk About God

"Then those who feared the Lord spoke with each other, and the Lord listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared Him and loved to think about Him." (Malachi 3:16)  The chapter continues,  "They will be Mine," says the LORD of hosts, "on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him."  

They embraced the Messiah and professed his name.  Having fear of God speaks of having a reverence and awe as motivating factor for us to surrender to the Creator of the Universe. In the second verse, They will be Mine etc. ... speaks of the day of judgment.  God is always preparing for his visitation of His people.  One version says, on the day when I [am] make up my jewels. This is the same "I" in Gen 9:9 "Now behold, I Myself do establish My covenant with you, and with your descendants after you;."  The word "jewels" can be translated as a peculiar treasure, the Hebrew word segullah, which God prizes as his special possession. Lastly, God says, "I will spare them." When God comes to punish sinners, these people will be spared on two grounds, because they are His sons, and because they serve Him like obedient children (Psalm 103:13). 

So, what am I saying? Don't make the assumption that the only place holy and sacred is within the walls of a church.  These verses explain every time we talk about God with another believer, God is paying close attention. Amen! What an incredible thought! God deeply desires that we spend time with other believers, discussing Him, His attributes, and what He is doing in OUR lives! The next time you talk with believers (or even with those who aren’t) make GOD a central part of the conversation, because He’s listening!