Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Love in You Will Gravitate People

I always feel like, Somebody's watching me...
And I have no privacy, I always feel like...
Somebody's watching me, Tell me is it just a dream...

- Michael Jackson, Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me (1984)

From the mouth of the legend himself, we must remember someone is always watching. A couple examples I would like to share, when I call our dog in from the yard I tend to whistle and our 1 yr old will mimic my whistling. It's the cutest thing. Let me get this out as well, what you approve in your life, should cause you to consider what message are you sending. Continuing with my examples, if I am disrespectful to my wife, our daughter and son will grow up understanding it is OK to be disrespectful or disrespected. If I am honorable and loving to my wife, our daughter and son will grow to understand and acknowledge how a female should be treated. It is in the message I am sending, and the behavior my wife is approving.

In biblical context, WE tend to forget our goal is to spread the Gospel. Whether you are an athlete, CEO, manager, cook, teacher, stay-at-home parent, the platform is irrelevant. The message of the Lord God must still be spread. The easiest way to do this is to "Love on Another" (John 13:34-35).  In Ephesians, Paul's prayer was that the church of Ephesus would be able to grasp the complete understanding of the love of Christ so they would be filled with the fullness of God.  In other words, the knowledge of Christ's love, is an inward personal experience that provides a fulfillment of freedom, tenderness, depth, and patience.  It must consume you. If you are always angry, or have a bad attitude, people are not to going to be to interested in hearing about the love of Jesus. If you are walking in love they will be more curious of how you do it and this opens the door for evangelism. The love in you will gravitate people to you. This love will spill over to those around you in a world that has too much hate.