Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Who's Authority?

The other night our Youth Pastor taught briefly on authority. Unfortunately he's a New England Patriots fan, so he gave a life example of the Seattle Seahawks' running back Marshawn Lynch and how he has so much power he is known as Beast Mode. He breaks through tackles like running through paper. However with all that power, he truly has no authority. The NFL has not assigned the power to him,  but to the referee.  The league will stand behind the referee and regardless of what Marshawn Lynch does, he must submit to the referee's calls.

This is similar to our walking Christ. Regardless of the power, if it does not have God's ultimate authority it is rendered useless. If you are not under His authority, then who's authority are you operating under?  The way I see it, if you are not submitted under God then your authority lies with the devil and we know he lives defeated.

Regardless of how you feel the important thing is to have a heart attitude that says "Lord, I give you my life. I will do what you want me to do.  I will go where you want me to go.  I will say what you want me to say."

This is submission to the Lord's authority.