Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Lord Remains Faithful

16 At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. 17 But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. - 2 Timothy 4:17

Breaking this down, the ONE true God, put strength in Apostle Paul to continue to proclaim the Gospel. At this time, Rome was the capital of the Gentile world, so a proclamation of the truth to the Romans was likely to go forth to the rest of the Gentile world.  I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion - namely, Satan, the roaring, devouring lion (Lu 22:31; 1Pe 5:8). We are talking about deliverance from evil, the evil one, temptation, fear, and denying his Lord.

At some point in our lives we are going to feel the struggle is real to be a Christian and we just may not be about that life. Doubt and fear comes in and overtakes your confidence. I'm keeping it real here, because we really know how to put on that we have it together.  I'm not sure who in this world really does. Nonetheless, my temptations are real and humble me daily.  I am thankful for the fact, God still pursues me and stands with me and puts strength in me. Daily, I want to give up. I said the struggle is real.  However it is imperative for us to NEVER GIVE UP!  When you GIVE UP, you surrender, but not to God. When you surrender in the Good Fight, you are surrendering to Satan. Giving up, reveals the battle is not worth it. It reveals you are giving up on Jesus. Let's be real, Jesus knows the deal. He went through it.  The world has not changed that much.  However, we need to realize, God will pursue you with power and glory.  Like with Apostle Paul, His unstoppable love, is a love that will never end.  He has an unrelenting passion with mercy.  Continue to stand firm and proclaim the Gospel.