Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

God is my helper

3For strangers have risen against me And violent men have sought my life; They have not set God before them. Selah. 4Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul. 5He will recompense the evil to my foes; Destroy them in Your faithfulness. Ps 54:3-5

After a pause in verse 3, David expresses his exuberance. "THIS is remarkable. God is MY helper. He is here to help and support me." The Psalmist is amazed himself. He is probably thinking, Who is God that is mindful of me (Psalm 8:4)?

In verse 4, "the Lord is the upholder of my life." Samak (saw-mak) is the Greek word for 'sustain', which means to confirm or support, lean, or rest. If we are for God, He is for us, and if He is for us, we do not need to fear our life's problems. Like David, at some point we need to stop trying to do everything ourselves and let The Lord God who desires to uphold our life, do so. Let God, be God. Let God, stand in the midst of battle to defend us, to sustain us like a judge upholds a law. He defends us with honor. Wow! Praise God!

It would be foolish for us to continue to think we can handle our problems on our own. Our situation is nothing new. We are not the first one in debt, the first one with a struggling marriage, or broken home. Which means, God's seen it all. He's the professional's, professional.  It is time we become God's shadow. Let Him walk in front so He can make a path and at the end we can lay down in peace.

Will you do this today? Will you say Father, take my burdens? Take my struggles Lord. Take my situations and my worry. I want to worry no longer because you are with me. I desire to lack nothing. Restore my soul and guide me in the path of righteousness.